Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On cliche

Oh yes, I'm going to explore a cliche because I goddamn well feel like it..

The eponymous "free falling."

Often used by musicians or other famous types prone to excess; drugs, booze, sex and all manner of genuinely interesting things. In many cases, there is a massive nose dive in their career, which they may or may not recover from. It can also be used to describe many depressing states that normal civilians have as well; loss of jobs, breakups, sickness, death and onwards.

Why is it falling, though? Because, through a hard period, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the rocks at the bottom.

Now, I wouldn't call my situation anywhere NEAR that bad; however, with that said, I'm afraid of heights. I know that the ground will hurt me, so the fall is unpleasant. Call me realistic.

No comments: