Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On loitering

So, instead of being at college and learning new and wonderful things, I find myself sitting in a nearby coffee shop at 8am, wondering why the hell I agreed to college in the first place. It's too early, I didn't sleep for more than twenty minutes at a time and every time I try to stand up, some force tells me that it's too much work and that I should not bother.

It's the exact same feeling I got every day I went to high school. Odd coincidence? I think not.

I guess the only real difference I've managed to pinpoint so far is the fact that this schooling is not free. VERY not free. Three textbooks cost me close to $250, and two of them were used.

Now, all that said, I know I'm not exactly the first person to complain about school fees and book prices and all the regular crap, but honestly, I feel like I've been ripped off by somebody who doesn't even know how to rip you off properly. If you're going to rip someone off, you steal just enough money so that they don't know the difference, so they will come back and get ripped off again. $250 for three books? I really don't want to spend that much on that many books ever again.

By that reasoning, the college book store is the real loser, eh?

Sure it is. I'm the one with the lighter billfold.

At least the coffee is starting to kick in.

No comments: